Monday, May 8, 2017

I was told to "change myself"

If you're thinking I had decided to take that comment to "change myself" and do something about the current me, you're dead wrong.

This blog isn't for this.

In fact, it's the opposite. I decided I wouldn't change myself just because somebody found me to be 'scary'. So much for complex Asian relationships.

Killing is a subjective thing and how it is seen is anybody's opinion. My stand is that it is ok if you have a strong enough reason to do it and are ready for consequence. Apparently some dude that I met and thought was a friend disagreed.

Never mind he disagreed, never mind he called me 'scary'. I can take that much seeing how I've been a misfit my entire life.

However to go as far as saying "I don't want to talk to you anymore." with the parting last comment of "You should change yourself." before he so nicely blocked me? I'll say WHAT THE HELL MAN?!

I was shocked and definitely hurt. But then thanks to good friends, I got over it pretty quickly. Turns out, I'm not made for Asian relationships. I'm going to be me, without holding back on what I think. I'm not going to change just because some Asian guy thinks I'm scary for being opinionated. I'm not going to do anything about who I am because I've worked really hard to be where I am today.

I'm proud of myself.

No, it's not me, it's him. This "change yourself" thing isn't meant for me. In fact, it was probably a good thing we didn't go too far to know each other because it would have been disastrous.

No comments:

Post a Comment