Monday, April 24, 2017

Kuroshitsuji Chapter 127 Review

Firstly, I wasn't expecting this chapter AT ALL.

Spoilers will be mentioned so if you have yet to read it and don't want to be spoiled, please don't read my review just yet.

In this Chapter a character that I have come to love ends up dead. A little warning for the young and those who cannot stomach gore because this one truly broke my heart.

The hurt is a little more than Uchiha Itachi's death but less than Portgas D Ace's death.



His death was honorable and he didn't die with regrets which makes it all the more... bittersweet. I can't even hate Yana-sensei for doing this because it heightens my love for this character. It makes me feel for Prince Soma and also directs my hatred for Sebastian as a character. The devil has no emotions but I'm sure this is another wound that won't stop bleeding in Ciel's heart. I can already see how delighted Sebastian is with the amount of darkness festering in Ciel's soul.

This arc might have been a little disappointing with all the idol boys and Uta-Pri ideas but the real crime beneath the spotlight displays is well developed. Similar to the 'Jack-the-Ripper' case, sensei has done fantastic research. I just can't wait to see more of what will come and who the true sinners are.

The question about "Is Lizzie part of this?" really doesn't seem important to me. Her motives are surely inferior and Ciel has more worrisome matters to handle. Lizzie is not seen capable of revenge or hate towards her family. However it would be interesting to see Lizzie and Ciel becoming a tag team upon Soma's fall and Agni's sacrifice.

It's a chapter that keeps me on the edge of my seat and cry myself to sleep but I'll have it no other way. Thanks you ensei and goodbye Agni, you'll live in the hearts of all fans forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment