Sunday, February 12, 2017

End of the Cold War

Some of you know about what happened, it was a bad dispute. My dad and I couldn't see eye to eye and I consulted many people both online and real life. It seems like it takes both hands to clap and that both of us were at fault this time.

I have many people to thank for their support, their advise, suggestions, concern and emotional support. Many of you know, I am a writer and I'm not exactly the most mentally and emotionally stable person.

The first person I need to thank is my brother who had been tanking all my frustration with his unlimited amount of patience. Several times he extended his bridge to me but in my distressed state I had knocked it down and continued to destroy things around me. He spent four hours talking sense into me that day I had a meeting with my favourite aunt and beloved fairy godmother. My aunt has been a saint to calmly deal with a raging demon here. Their teamwork has made me see where I had been wrong before and even if a little, I think I can understand my father's concerns.

I would like to thank friends and family around me for being understanding of my unreasonable attitude for the last two weeks. It had been difficult for me and even though many of you didn't know the reason for my bitchiness, you tolerated it and forgave me. I had to make my rounds of apology because I know it was never any of your fault. For them I am truly thankful to have friends and family like you.

Lastly, I need to slap my past self for being an idiot. I'm still not yet an adult capable of standing on my own financially in any way but I am working towards it. With so many people supporting my writing dream - friends, family, fans and readers, I can't afford to be put down by something like that.

This is what I intend to do:

By somewhere in the middle of this year I would like to launch the Liberal Assassin. I need to thank my cousin for offering to help me design The Liberal Assassin's book cover, she's wonderful. The people who work with me should know how frustrating it is. I change my mind at every minute for something better simply because I'm not smart enough to see the big picture at one go in things that aren't related to writing a story. Some people told me I'm not living in reality which I must very much agree. I belong somewhere in my head while living in this world as if I were watching a film and being quite detached from it at times.

As you know, The Liberal Assassin will be my second novel, I am thinking of participating in a book signing event with 2017 BookFest in Singapore. I might need help with the logistics of renting a booth and all which I have not planned out (because I don't plan very well, what started the cold war at home in the first place) so if anyone knows anything about it please let me know. I'm not able to do everything for myself and I think I really need some kind of help.

I would like to start some kind of writing profile for freelance online magazines although it would be nice to have my own online publication other than a blog. I just don't know if I can manage to update it while juggling freelance work and helping Pirate Sin out.

Lastly, I will be working with Pirate Sin to appear more on videos and such. She will reveal our secret when she has 100 subscribers so make sure you do subscribe and support her!

I hope by the end of 2017 I can be a writer who can earn enough through writing to support myself as an adult in Singapore. Writers are mostly creatures who live in poverty but I want to fight that. It doesn't matter how hard I will have to work, as long as someone out there continues to read my work, I will continue to write.

Thank you for reading thus far, thank you for supporting me.

Signing off with lots of love,
Destiny Aitsuji

No comments:

Post a Comment