Thursday, February 16, 2017

What makes a good leader?

I've been thinking about it but I suppose that's not something I'm very good at.

I'm currently the boss of Job Hitman so to speak with my partners helping me out and my friends making a team.

I'm overly paranoid and want to be informed of even the slightest things that they do. I want to know everything that happens and want things to be done with immediate effect which is not entirely possible but I find myself getting worked up over how they handle my baby.

It's as if I become a monster overnight with all these unrealistic expectations of others.

I know it isn't their fault in any case and that I shouldn't be angry over small things but while I am wanting to give them the chance to grow, I don't want them to make any mistakes.

It's like a time bomb.

It's unfair to them and I know it. Don't exactly know how to let go because I feel like I can't afford to fail this time. As I mentioned, I have two years of freedom bought. It's like a time bomb for me with everyday of without a stable income like the tightening noose around my neck.

I don't want to not see this become a success but I know the reality. Nothing is a success overnight. All overnight successes takes a long time. Alibaba was an overnight success that took twenty long years. Facebook was an overnight success for many years in the dormitory.

There are no shortcuts to become successful in life and I know that well. There are no successes that are done by a singular person, there will be many unsung heroes but only one will shine properly.

I don't know how to be a leader. I don't know how to seat back and watch other people run the show for me. I don't know how to be patient. However I know that in order for this to succeed I must become a leader. I must give chances for my friends to grow, I must learn to hold back and watch.

Most importantly, I must learn to trust.

As such I have gone to make my rounds of apology and restrained myself from interfering with their jobs, kept myself from demanding details and status progress at very check. I don't know if what I do is enough but I'll do my best.


At the very least when things fall apart, I want to still have my friends. I don't want to be the type of leader who people cannot follow.

How can I become the kind of leader Job Hitman needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment