Thursday, October 29, 2020

Trading Journey Day #1

  So I'll be dedicating this to useless and random things.

Today's trade was focussed on EURGBP and EURJPY simply because I wanted to sell EUR. his is my result and I streamed it on Twitch my process while listening to Ghibli piano music in the background.


An oopsie later because I forgot that the EUR and London market comes in around 3pm GMT+8 timing, I hit my SL and lost USD9.

In return, I waited for the market correction to ease for the bears to power in before hoping on 2 trains. The first with EURGBP because I was still confident that it can be sold. At the same time, I crashed the EURJPY train because I know JPY is going to be ending their day soon so it was the last call for orders. Placed a 0.1 trade size for the EURGBP and a 0.05 size for the EURJPY and waited. They closed beautifully and I manually exited before they hit the TP set because it was starting to bounce back up.

I made back my oopsie losses and additional USD0.54 today. All in all, not bad for a first day in the market. I'm way too rusty because I left my demo for far too long (months ago due to the covid insanity). I know I should have tested it out on the demo version to refamiliarise myself for about a week before I did this live but I didn't.

Still, all else considered, I would call this a success. At the end of the day, a profit is still a profit no matter how small. Also, the entire process was done on a 2-hour Twitch stream session while I listened to relaxing piano music, wrote my new chapter and chat with people. It was a relaxed atmosphere and not tense at all while I glance over occasionally to my side screen to monitor trades. It's a better strategy than how I did it before so I think I would do this again.

That's it for my first day of trading in the market on a live account. I hope it was entertaining for those who watched the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment