Saturday, March 4, 2017

Turning 22

It's at this point of time in my life I realise I no longer have to excuse of a child or a teenager to act immaturely. Yet I do not have the experience required to be the adult many expect me to be.

What do I do? It feels so weird being eligible for my own credit card and bills. Yet despite all my rights, I have no means to afford a place of my own, still needing the support of my parents who are growing older with every day.

Growing up is never easy and as much as I've always envied grown ups, I now wish I'm not.

Looking at all the twenty something on Forbes make their millions I feel like a downright failure just like all my other twenty something friends. We're not famous or rich or smart enough. In fact, life started only at twenty one. It's too soon for anything.

The pressure is real, I'll turn 22 on March 8. I don't expect miracles but I wish for just one more year I can continue to enjoy the lifestyle I have now as a full time writer and freelancer.

I'll push all the burdens and responsibilities of life to my 23 year old self so please forgive the selfishness of my current self.

Happy birthday me!

No comments:

Post a Comment